Dan says: "It was good to know from our caseworker that we were more proactive than many other adoptive couples. However, it was sad to see that there hadn't been more visits or activity on our profile." Honestly I (Cari) would say that most days I am busy and can "forget" in my mind that we're on a waiting list of sorts to be able to begin our family. Other days, if I think too much about our whole process and the being patient and waiting part, I could just cry (and sometimes I do). The part of me that never forgets is my heart...it's there really trying to be patient and pray for a birthmother out there to find us, and love us as we are. Amber reminded us to pray and attend the temple and be very specific in our prayers in asking for birthmothers to find us when the time is right. I am grateful for the process we have been through...it took 5 months to just be approved. I am also grateful that we have had so long to be husband and wife and to just be Dan and Cari. Now it's difficult at times to continue to be only that...
I met a really sweet lady at some of our adoption classes that created this video for the Agape Project which is her personal project that involved birth moms and adoptive families to show how much love there is in adoption. I watch this when I am feeling down or sad that we haven't been chosen yet...it gives me hope and always makes me cry. I dare you to watch it without shedding a tear or 2.
Much love,
Cari