Sunday, August 5, 2012

Fabulous Family!

at the fun city pool
It was fabulous having my sisters here for most of a week!  My older sister Melanie lives in Texas and she is a speech therapist.  She visits a few times a year, especially in the summer to get away from the hotter-than-Utah, Texas heat.  My younger sister is Alicia.  She and her husband Ammon live in Seattle where she just graduated from grad school and works for a long-term care facility as an occupational therapist.  Alicia had been in school so much, and Ammon too, that they couldn't visit much the last few years.  I hope now that she is working her new job, and Ammon has graduated from UW, that they will be able to visit more often. 
swimmin' in Grandpa Bunny's pool

Jay and mom being silly
mom's birthday snickers cheesecake!
Then there's Jay, my giant (6'6") younger brother.  He lives here in Salt Lake, in fact he lives with my parents.  He just moved back in to save money and prepare for entering the ARMY in January.  I think the greatest thing about my family is that we are always having fun, it doesn't matter what we're doing.  We went to Cafe Rio (because they don't have those in Texas or Washington), we swam in 2 different pools, we got pedicures, we celebrated mom's birthday, hung out with our 2 grandpas, visited with friends we don't see too often, watched TREMORS (a family favorite), saw The Dark Knight Rises (the second time some of us) and really just relaxed and goofed off.  I love that we don't really have a plan, we just have fun doing whatever.  Mom's chemo treatment got canceled, so it was even more fun that she was feeling spunky and not pukey.  I wish my sibs lived closer, but I know that from us moving around as kids (with my dad in the ARMY) each of us had a favorite place that we had lived.  Alicia loved the Northwest when we lived there, and she ended up back there.  Melanie and I loved Texas, and she ended up back there.  I married a Utahn, so we'll probably be here forever, LOL. 

Lunch for mom's birthday at Cheesecake Factory--Jay looking scary




I am so thankful that the four Brown kids were raised by such great parents.  Growing up with our dad in the ARMY and moving around a bunch, I always knew I would have at least 3 friends wherever we moved--my sisters and brother.  I am so happy that we all get along as well as we do, and that we love each other so much.  I am very lucky to belong to such a FABULOUS FAMILY!