Friday, July 13, 2012

Monday Night Fun!

Monday night is Family Home Evening!  Typically that means a family gets together for a short lesson (a little something spiritual), singing a song or two, then an activity and treats=)  Since Dan and I have been married our Family Home Evening has usually consisted of reading our scriptures, or the church magazine called the Ensign, or going to dinner or something fun like putt putt golf, or swimming etc.  At times we have gotten together with friends for a lesson, or spent time with my family too.

This Monday night we got together with our friend Christi and her 2 fun boys Skylar and Jordan.  We went to our favorite hang out  Frogurt and then played in the water feature with all the other cute kids!  I realized the other night that it isn't the outstanding frozen yogurt or incredible customer service they have (because they don't, LOL) it's just that I love this place so much because everytime we go there, it's with friends.  I have had 2 birthday celebrations there, we have made new friends there, I met my brother's girlfriend there, and I enjoy being there because it's always with people I love and care about. 

This week has been emotionally rough on me...It has been made even more clear to me that I am not a mom, and might never be.  Well, that and sitting through a 4-day long BORING math conference (but thankfully I was with my 5 best teacher friends).  I just have to remember that even though there are things I don't have right now, that I desperately want, I am not lacking friends who love me!