Sunday, December 9, 2012

Happy Halloween!

Scary boys at the Trunk Or Treat
penguin and Jack-o-lantern

our friends the Thompsons at the ward party
 We had a plethora of Halloween plans this year!  On Halloween day I had the regular hectic, crazy, candy-filled fun of being a first grade teacher.  We had our school parade and our class party, thank goodness for fabulous mom volunteers!  We had our ward Trunk or treat and dinner, and Sherry and Sheila's fabulous Halloween party, complete with scary haunted house (it really was scary folks, they spent a week setting it up in their unfinished basement). 
Janni and Sheila (The U Fans--true Cougars really)


scary witch from the haunted house

Halloween is my favorite holiday...partly because the change in the weather (although it was in the 70's this year) and the approaching fall season.  But I also love Halloween because it gives me an excuse to act like a kid again.  I had so much fun helping in Sherry and Sheila's haunted house--it was my job to hide behind the black plastic and move the scary witch back and forth on a pulley system that flew right in front of the people going through (which where Sheila's nieces, nephews, and little kid friends).  We ate yummy food, played games and had an incredible time.  Thanks everyone for making Halloween 2012 another one that I won't soon forget!