Monday, January 21, 2013

First Grade's Fabulous Women!

Remember my previous post, and how I mentioned that I have such great friends...well 6 of these wonderful friends I speak of are ladies that I teach first grade with.  Over the last 8 years our principals have used nicknames such as:  "The Fab 5" (when there was just 5 of us), the "Magnificent 7", the "Dream Team" to describe us.  I have to tell you, our principals were not kidding, or just being nice, I truly work with some of the best women, teachers, mothers, and examples out there. 

From Left to Right (not including me on the far left):
Terrilynne-she is amazing!  She is so organized and helpful when I can't find things.  She is a cute grandma, and has such wonderful talents like quilting and making delicious chocolates (lucky for all of us, she gives us some each year for Christmas).

Esther (in back by Terrilynne)-Esther is so sweet, and would never say a bag thing about anyone.  She is always so positive and upbeat, even when it comes to things we don't want to do (IE-testing, testing, and uh more testing).  She is also a talented seamstress and quilter and has such a fun family (they live in the same neighborhood as my parents)

Lorene-Have you ever had one of those friends, who you just knew you were supposed to meet?  Like it was predestined or something?  Well, I teach with 2 of those friends, and one is Lorene.  There are days that I don't know what I would do without Lorene...she is compassionate, loving, patient and so funny.  She speaks her mind, but in a nice way.  She is a good example of grin and bear it, after we do some complaining, LOL

Cami (on far right end)- Cami and I are the only teachers in this picture that have taught together since the beginning!  Cami helped me a ton when I was a new teacher, and still does.  She is my other friend, that I just knew I was supposed to meet.  She is an example to me of strength, patience, love and forgiveness.  She has 2 darling daughters that are sweet and happy little girls.

Lorrie (front left)-This is the first year we have taught with Lorrie.  She moved up from Kindergarten and we are so lucky she did.  She is soft spoken and so sweet.  She is a true example of strength, courage and fortitude.  She is tiny and has a tiny voice, and would never say or do anything to hurt your feelings. 

Marley (front right)-Marley is brand new to teaching this year!  She is a cute newlywed with a spunky personality.  She is always dressed so cute and stylish and brings lots of new ideas to us old teachers, LOL.  It's fun to see her growth this year and hear her tell stories about kids in her class. 

Love you girls!