Since the new year began, I have been feeling rather blue about our prospects on "getting" a family. I tend to vent to friends and honestly, I am so lucky to have such great ones. They comfort me, and give me the right amount of advice mixed with empathy, sympathy and positivity (is that a word??) I am also blessed to have such a wonderful husband. He is caring, and kind and listens to me vent, even when he doesn't "get it". The only thing is, what happens when no one "gets it"?
In the last year or so I have become OK with attending baby showers, and not just immediately throwing away the invitations. I can congratulate friends and acquaintances when they are expecting, or have just recently adopted, instead of feeling jealous and hurt. I believe that I have grieved over the loss of not being able to have biological children--but I still have yucky days. The last 11 have been mostly yucky, and I can't shake that feeling.
In the last 11 days I have found out the following:
1. A sweet 16 year old girl I know is pregnant...and is choosing to parent.
2. I met a lady who has 4 boys, is pregnant with her 5th boy, is adopting a baby girl in the near future and is getting certified to become a foster parent.
3. A friend is undergoing IVF
4. The sweet girl we met this summer who is placing her baby for adoption, she is due any day now...
I just sit here and type and feel sorry for myself and cry and think poor me. I know, I am such a big goober. I know I shouldn't feel this way--jealous, sad, angry, disappointed...I know I shouldn't. But unfortunately knowing I shouldn't doesn't make the yucky feeling go away.
