Saturday, September 22, 2012

Brigham City Temple Openhouse

 On our way to Lava Hot Springs for camping, we stopped by at the newly built, Brigham City LDS Temple.  A lady I teach with, her husband works for the Church in PR, and they told us to stop by, even though technically tours hadn't started yet.  I am so glad we did stop. 

The temple is beautiful, small, but very grand, and just really beautiful.  Brigham City is known for its' great produce, especially peaches.  The temple inside has many little decorative touches that are peaches, or peach blossoms.  The inside is done in mostly soft blues, and peach hues.

 We ended up being on a tour with many elderly people from a local senior center.  They waited for the elevators, while the rest of us hiked up 4 or 5 different staircases.  I especially loved the paintings on the landings of the stairs.  They were supposed to be local renditions of peach season and apple season with people picking and enjoying their harvest. 

I hope we can make it back to Brigham City again to go to a session there.  The bride's room and Celestial room were incredible, honestly rivaling some in my most favorite temples, San Diego and Salt Lake City.