I love almost everything about spring time. I love the new blooms (especially my tulips pictured here), I enjoy seeing all the happy spring colors on the cute Easter dresses of the little girls in Primary, and I love love love spying on the 2 love birds (ie ducks) that have taken up residence in some bushes near our house. The daddy duck follows the momma duck around most of the day and she just waddles around, and spends time sitting on her nest. They are so cute, they must be in love;) I love that spring time brings a renewal of the Earth and things are fresh and clean again. I don't really love allergies, BUT I do love my allergy medicine.
I love that spring is a season of change--in reality I guess all seasons are that of change. So I shouldn't be surprised when several things in our life are changing now....right??? One of the biggest things that happened about two weeks ago is that my fabulous husband Dan was called to the Bishopric as second counselor! In the LDS church our clergy is a lay clergy, meaning they are not paid, and they are working for our congregation on a volunteer basis. As second counselor, Dan's responsibilites are to assist our Bishop and support the ward members. This means several meetings each week in order to plan and prepare for Sunday worship meetings, and to oversee the youth of the ward and especially the young children in Primary. There is a lot that goes into this position, and I was so worried that he would be gone even more than he was gone when he was the Young Men's group president.
I was feeling hard-hearted and thinking that I wanted Dan to myself and didn't want him to accept the calling. I decided that I needed a visit to the Temple to clear my head and seek the Lord's guidance and comfort so that I could support him in his new calling. I had one of the most amazing experiences there, in the Temple when I realized that this was what the Lord needed Dan to do RIGHT NOW, not after we get to adopt a baby, not when I felt more comfortable with the position, not after the school year is over, RIGHT NOW. I really felt like if I expected or wanted the Lord to bless me with a family, I needed to do what was necessary right now for Him, and His work to progress in our little ward. I needed to sacrifice my time with my cute husband, so that I could be a good wife and support him. I am thankful for moments when the Lord ever so nicely smacks me upside the head and humbles me so that I can see the bigger picture.
The beautiful Jordan River Temple
