Sunday, February 26, 2012

Home visit is done=)

On President's Day Dan and I had our home study/visit.  This means our adoption caseworker comes to our house and looks around and checks out our place to see if it would be a safe home for a baby.  She checks cupboards, closets, the garage etc.  She asks if we have guns or pets or pills that are not kept in safe places (we have none of those that aren't carefully locked up).

So, Dan gave her the tour because apparently I say dumb things when I get nervous...What about when I say dumb things when I am not nervous, LOL.  Anyway, Dan gave her the tour and then the 3 of us sat down to go over our file and be sure we were on the right track for being approved.  Our caseworker was trying to be helpful I know, but I felt a little attacked when she told us we had some stuff to fix for our birthmother letter.  We have worked on it for 6 weeks and I felt like we were finally proud of it, and ready to submit it--apparently not, LOL  So back to the drawing board in some respects.  There are some more revisions to be made and then when that is done our caseworker can finish writing up our home study/file and we can be approved.  I was hoping for 2 weeks but according to our caseworker it will be  more like 6 weeks, so more waiting involved.  Our photography session with a friend of a friend fell through, but I called one of my friends and she agreed to do our pictures coming up in March.

The ironic thing about all the paperwork and dr. appointments, birthmother letter writing, home visit etc. is that at least we are busy doing things to get us further in the process.  When we are approved, then it all becomes a waiting period.  We are going to do our best to get our names and information out there, but it will be a waiting time for us.  Not sure how I feel about that...Thanks for reading-have a great Sunday afternoon.