Tuesday, November 20, 2012

It's Been One Whole Year...

 
So, school is out for the Thanksgiving break and after running errands and getting my allergy shots, I came home and have been bummin' it watching old episodes of Friends while Dan has been doing Bishopric stuff.  In season 10, episode 8 Monica and Chandler prepare the Thanksgiving meal for the gang, but everyone shows up an hour late.  Monica (and her vein) is fuming and Joey, Ross, Phoebe and Rachel all shove their heads through the door (the chain is on) and try to apologize.  Joey's head gets stuck, and while Monica goes off to answer the phone, Chandler pulls on the door while the other 3 push on the outside of the door, and the chain breaks making Joey fly through the open door and smash into the cart with the meal and spill and smash everything all over!  Monica comes out, and Chandler tattles on Joey for making the mess, and she says she doesn't care, the adoption agency has called and they will be getting a baby!!!
Oh.My.Gosh!  I totally sat there and bawled with happiness watching it, LOL I am such a cry baby...but I am a Friends fanatic, and there were times that the group of 6 BFFs seemed real to me;)  I got thinking about Dan and me, and our process over the last year or so with adoption.  Most days I am OK, and just go about our daily stuff...work, students, church, family responsibilites etc.  Then I catch a glimpse of what my life could be like, and hopefully will be like someday when we have a family, and I get super excited.  I can't really say whether this first year of waiting, praying, searching, and hoping has been long or short--I have felt both, at different times. 
Here's to year 2 for us...maybe this will be our last year as just a married couple, like it was for Chandler and Monica;)